If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth in the greater Atlanta region, Dr. Abtin Shahriari and the team at Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery can help. With All-On-4 implants from our office, you can restore your smile permanently, and get a mouth full of natural, durable, and long-lasting teeth. Wondering how All-On-4 dental implants work? Get all the details in this blog.
All-On-4 Dental Implants Replace A Full Arch Or A Full Mouth Of Missing Teeth
All-On-4 implants are a type of implant-supported dentures. Traditional dentures are held in place by friction, since they fit tightly over your gums. Implant-supported dentures are different. They snap into place permanently, attaching to a series of dental implants that are surgically placed into your gums and jaw bone.
What makes All-On-4 dental implants different from other implant dentures is that they require only four total implants for each row of missing teeth. Some other types of implant dentures require six or more dental implants to support and stabilize them properly. Because All-On-4 only requires four implants, the surgical process is simpler and faster, and you can recover from treatment more quickly.
What To Expect – How The All-On-4 Dental Implant Process Works
You may be wondering how All-On-4 dental implants work. Here’s a brief overview of the process, and what you can expect:
- Preparatory treatments – First, you may need multiple tooth extractions, gum and bone grafts, and other treatments to prepare you for All-On-4. Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery will work closely with you to arrange these necessary treatments.
- All-On-4 implant surgery – During your surgical procedure, your mouth will be cleaned and numbed, and we will administer sedation to keep you comfortable. Based on your surgical plan, Dr. Shahriari will place a set of four implants in the upper, lower, or both rows of teeth. Once your All-On-4 implants are in place, he will attach a temporary set of teeth to your implants.
- Healing and recovery – It will take several months to fully heal from your All-On-4 treatment. You will need to follow Dr. Shahriari’s instructions to keep your mouth healthy and ensure that your mouth heals properly during this time.
- Final fixed dental bridge placement – When your All-On-4 implants have fully healed, you will come back for one final appointment. Dr. Shahriari will remove your temporary teeth and permanently attach a set of lifelike, durable, and strong porcelain teeth to your implants. You’ll be sent home to enjoy your new smile.
Understanding The Benefits Of All-On-4 Dental Implants
Are you wondering why you should choose All-On-4 dental implants over alternatives like traditional dentures? Here are just a few benefits of getting All-On-4 from the team at Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery.
- Protects oral health – Unlike dentures, dental implants help stimulate and protect your jaw bone. This prevents bone resorption after tooth loss, which weakens your jaw and can negatively affect your appearance, too.
- Get teeth in a day – Because of their unique design and placement, All-On-4 lets you get a set of temporary teeth on the same day as your surgery. This means you’ll never have to stop smiling during the treatment process!
- Requires minimal special care – You can treat your All-On-4 implants like natural teeth. Brush thoroughly twice a day, floss your teeth, and make sure to see your dentist every six months for a checkup. That’s about it!
- Never shifts or moves – Unlike dentures, All-On-4 implants are anchored to your jaw bone. Your new teeth will never move or shift while you eat or speak, and will look and feel completely natural, too.
Interested In All-On-4? Contact Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery Today
If you have severe or chronic oral health issues that have resulted in the loss of most or all of your teeth in Atlanta, All-On-4 from Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery may be just what you need to restore your smile. To learn more and find out if you’re a candidate, contact our Buckhead office or contact our Cumming, GA office to schedule an appointment.