If you are dealing with extensive dental damage or have several missing teeth, dental implants may be a good way to restore your smile.
But, rather than getting individual dental implants, you may benefit more from All-on-4 implants.
Check out this short article to understand what All-On-4 implants are and whether you’re a good candidate for them.
How Do All-On-4 Dental Implants Work?
Think of All-On-4 dental implants as a combination between dental implants and dentures.
Dentures are a type of prosthetic that can replace part or all of the mouth’s arch. But, rather than going with removable dentures, All-On-4 implants permanently fix the prosthetic on the arch.
This is done by strategically placing 4 dental implants across the jaw to give the dentures enough support.
The Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
If you’re considering getting All-On-4 dental implants, you may experience benefits such as:
- Rapid oral restoration – With this procedure, you are essentially restoring the entire arch in just a few visits. The most complex one involves inserting the metal posts into the jaw, which serve as anchor points for the dentures. Then, the dentures are attached on top.
- Restores both oral health and appearance – All-On-4 implants can look very natural and restore your confidence in your appearance. Plus, dental implants can provide jaw stimulation every time you eat, so that jaw health is also preserved.
- Simple maintenance – Unlike traditional dentures, All-On-4 implants are not difficult to take care of. All you need to do is brush your teeth and see the dentist routinely.
- Permanent procedure – All-On-4 implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth. You will not worry about the dentures falling off while you speak or eat.
- Cost-effective solution – The cost of All-On-4 implants is much lower than getting individual implants, or even treating the teeth individually.
Who Are All-On-4 Dental Implants for?
Usually, All-On-4 dental implants may be recommended if the patient:
- Has extensive, often irreversible dental damage
- Has many missing teeth
- Has enough bone density to support the 4 dental implants
- Doesn’t have any pre-existing conditions that could prevent them from healing from minor surgery
However, the best way to know for sure if All-On-4 implants are right for you is to see Dr. Abtin Shahriari for an appointment.
Even if you don’t perfectly fit the above description, you may be able to get an additional treatment that allows you to restore your smile through All-On-4 implants. For instance, if you have suffered bone loss, a bone graft procedure may be used to treat the jaw bone, allowing you to then get the implants.
Schedule an All-On-4 Implant Consultation Today
Dr. Abtin Shahriari is here to help you access the best path toward a fully restored smile.
Book a dental implant consultation at the Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery today to get started.