© 2020 Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery | Dental Implants Sitemap
ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS
The All-On-4 dental treatment is a revolutionary dental restoration treatment that has completely changed the way surgeons approach replacing a full set of teeth. The process of getting dentures or implants is often painful, and unsecured prostheses can be inconvenient and unstable. Poorly fitted dentures make eating difficult.
However, modern dentistry techniques provide a much better solution with the All-On-4 treatment.
The treatment can replace your missing teeth with a complete dental bridge that rests on top of four dental implants. Because this treatment option requires fewer implants, the cost and time of the treatment are greatly reduced. The treatment also ensures stability in the bone, which will reduce the need for a bone graft surgery.
We can usually place a temporary set of teeth on the same day as your surgery. This set will allow you to resume a normal life as soon as the surgery is done. Surgery usually requires only a short healing period, after which the final bridge can be set.
The All-On-4 Procedure
The traditional approach to restoring a full set of teeth usually involves bone graft surgery, six or more implants, and can take up to 18 months of treatment.
A year and a half is a long time to go without teeth, or with poorly fitting temporary dentures.
The All-On-4 procedure allows the fitting of implants and the temporary set of teeth all on the same day. The first visit usually involves gathering information in preparation for the treatment. That could mean a CAT scan, X-rays, impressions, and photos. Following this visit, the patient is scheduled for surgery where the teeth will be removed, implants will be inserted and the temporary set of teeth are fitted.
The All-On-4 Treatment Offers Many Advantages
- A cost-effective solution. You’ll only have to pay for four implants, instead of six or more. This also saves time and means less discomfort.
- Reduced need for bone grafting. The implants are angled in such a way that it creates a very stable and secure anchor for the replacement teeth. Bone grafting is usually unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time. The replacement arch can be attached to the implants immediately after insertion.
Wondering what to expect from the All-On-4 treatment process? Here’s a brief overview of each phase of the procedure, and what you can expect from each office visit.
- Initial consultation – At your initial consultation, Dr. Shahriari will perform a comprehensive oral exam to determine whether or not you’re a candidate for All-On-4 treatment. Our team will use an advanced CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography) technology to get a 3D view of your teeth, jaw, and oral health.
- All-On-4 surgery – If you’re approved for treatment, Dr. Shahriari will schedule a follow-up. All-On-4 surgery is completed in a single appointment, unlike other types of dental implants. To begin the process, your mouth will be numbed. Then, Dr. Shahriari will extract any remaining teeth (if applicable), and smooth the jaw bone to prepare for your implants.
Then, he will place a set of 4 implants into your jaw bone. These implants are angled to ensure maximum stability and strength. Once this is done, a set of teeth will be attached to the implants right away. You will be sent home with healing and recovery instructions.
- Follow-up consultations – Over the next few weeks and months, you will need to come back to our office for several follow-ups. Dr. Shahriari will use his expertise and advanced technology to ensure you’re healing and recovering properly. During your follow-ups, he will also begin crafting your permanent set of All-On-4 bridges.
- Placing your permanent teeth – When your implants have fully healed, you will come back for a final appointment. Your temporary teeth will be removed. Then, they will be replaced with a set of durable porcelain teeth that will last for decades to come.
After the procedure is finished, you may need to return for the occasional check-up over the next few weeks or months. We want to make sure that the replacement teeth are set and hold correctly while the gums fully heal, and the dental implants fuse to the natural bone.
What To Expect During The Recovery Process
The All-On-4 recovery process is a bit different than recovering from traditional dental implant surgery. You’ve got questions, and we’ve got answers. Read on to get more details about what to expect.
- What is the total recovery time? The first phase of recovery will usually take 1-2 weeks. During this time, you may experience pain, swelling, discomfort, and bleeding. Dr. Shahriari will provide you with instructions on how to keep your mouth healthy and minimize complications while you heal.
However, it will take about six months for your All-On-4 implants to permanently bond (osseointegrate) into your mouth. During this time, you will need to alter your diet and avoid certain lifestyle habits like smoking.
- What foods should I eat during recovery? For at least 4-6 weeks, you will need to avoid eating any hard, crunchy, or tough foods. You will need to eat soft foods like oatmeal, smoothies, yogurt, and scrambled eggs.
This is because eating tough foods will put a lot of stress on your new teeth. It takes time for your dental implants to permanently attach to your jaw bone. Eating a diet of liquid or soft foods allows your mouth to rest, and ensures that your All-On-4 treatment will be successful.
- Will I need follow-up appointments? Yes. In the weeks and months following your surgery, you will need to come back to Greater Atlanta Oral Facial Surgery multiple times. The exact schedule and timing of your visit will depend on your specific case.
You must make sure to come to all follow-up appointments. Dr. Shahriari and our team will use these appointments to ensure you’re healing properly and track your progress. Failing to come to routine All-On-4 follow-ups could lead to serious complications with your treatment.
If you’ve suffered tooth loss and need a solution, then the All-On-4 treatment may be the answer you need.
You don’t need to go through more than a year of not being able to eat correctly. Our staff can answer all the questions you may have about the treatment procedure. If you’d like to take the first step, then contact us online or call us at 404-800-9376 for our Cumming location, or 404-341-4947 for our Buckhead location to make an appointment. We can help you decide if you All-On-4 is right for you.