Teeth In An Hour
The teeth in an hour procedure is a revolutionary new treatment that can provide patients with fully functional teeth mounted onto dental implants in one procedure. The entire procedure lasts about an hour thanks to collaboration between the restorative doctor and the surgeon.
The merging of knowledge and experience yields better safety throughout the procedure as well as more precise implant placement. The fabrication of the final prosthesis can be completed prior to the surgery. Computer-guided implant surgery is done in an arthroscopic fashion that doesn’t necessitate any flap reflection. The benefit is that the patient has less post-operative pain and discomfort. That means less swelling and bruising, and that they can resume the normal activities of their lives within the next day or so.
The procedure starts with a CAT scan taken of the patient’s jawbone. This scan allows us to create a 3D model of the jawbone that we can use to plan the implant placement without the patient being present. With these tools, we can get more accurate implant placement, and the patient spends less time sitting in the dentist’s chair.
The implants fit precisely into planned surgical sites, prepared from the 3D model. Because we can plan out the procedure so precisely it means less healing time and that implants are ready for functional use immediately. Restorations can be loaded right away without waiting. The procedure can be used for a single tooth, multiple teeth, or to replace an entire set of teeth.
In order to be a good candidate for the procedure, patients should have a healthy jawbone with enough bone mass of good quality to support the implants and prosthesis. Any tooth extractions and bone grafting that might be required must be completed before the Teeth in an Hour procedure.
Steps of the Teeth In An Hour Procedure
- Dental evaluation and x-rays taken to determine if the patient is a good for Teeth in an Hour implants
- CT scans taken to provide high precision data for dental planning
- Computer based planning of the implant surgery, performed on a 3D virtual model of the jaw
- Data files with the surgical plan sent to the lab
- Surgical guide and final or temporary prosthetics prepared and sent back
- Surgery to install implants. Implants can be placed extremely accurately due to the precision drilling, done with the aid of the surgical guide. No sutures are required, and in most cases there’s no swelling or discomfort.
- Prosthesis, whether temporary or final, is immediately fitted after the placement of the dental implants
- Patient can then leave the dental clinic with fully functional replacement teeth
For more information about the procedure, or to schedule an appoint, please contact us online or call us at 404-433-8433 to reach our Cumming location, or 404-937-3880 to reach our Buckhead location. We’ll be glad to answer any questions that you may have about the Teeth in an Hour dental procedure, and whether the procedure would be a good fit for you.
Online Map & Driving Directions
If this is the first time you have visited our Cumming office, the mapping service below will assist you in finding our location. Simply fill out the form, and you will be presented with directions that include a map, the travel time, and distance. If you need any additional information, please contact us at 404-937-3880.